The conference will take place in:
- Tarragona is a Catalan city that was founded in 218 BC by the Roman conqueror Scipio, and soon became the capital of the Roman province of Hispania Citerior (later called Tarraconense), covering most of the Iberian peninsula. The Roman emperor Cesar Augustus lived in the city from year 27 BC to 24 BC. Several monuments and buildings, as well as the ancient walls of the city, still remain from Roman times. The city has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage. Besides, Tarragona enjoys a central position in Costa Daurada, a turistic region with beaches and other facilities (the Port Aventura theme park).
- Tarragona is 10 km away from Reus. Reus is a commercial city, with several remarkable buildings from the Art Nouveau period (early 20th century). It is the birth town of Antoni Gaudí.
- Tarragona is 90 km away from Barcelona. Trains connect both cities every hour.
- By plane to Barcelona, and then by bus from Barcelona airport to Tarragona city center ("Ràpid Aeroport (Autocars Plana)"). Alternatively, a suburban train can be taken from Barcelona airport to Barcelona Sants station; from there, regional trains to Tarragona depart every hour. From Sants Station you can also take a High-Speed train to Camp de Tarragona Station (10 km. far from Tarragona). Then you can reach the city center by Taxi or Bus (Autocars Plana).
- By plane to Reus airport (if a connection is available with your home town) and then by bus or taxi to Tarragona (8 km. trip).
Accommodation and tourist information:
- Some convenient downtown hotels within 5 to 10 minutes by bus from the conference venue are (web links are given so that you can check rates and book):
- Hotel Ciutat de Tarragona
(4-star), comfortably located in Plaça Imperial Tarraco in downtown Tarragona, with direct bus connections to the School of Engineering (lines 14, 24 and 54).
Single Room: 80€. Double Room: 90€. Breakfast included. You have to say that you will attend the ISCTA in the Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
- Hotel AC Tarragona (4-star), a new hotel located near Plaça Imperial Tarraco in downtown
Tarragona, with direct bus connections to the School of Engineering
(lines 4, 14, 24 and 54)
- Hotel Imperial Tarraco
(4-star), superbly built on an exalted place in the seafront and
offering the best views of town and sea. Bus no. 24 northbound to the
School of Engineering can be boarded near the hotel (ask the hotel
reception for directions). Ten minutes walk to Plaça Imperial Tarraco.
- Hotel Urbis (3-star), located at the heart of the city, near the market. Five
minutes walk to Plaça Imperial Tarraco, where you can board buses no. 4, 14, 24 or 54 to the School of Engineering.
- Hotel Plaça de la Font (1-star), located in the heart of Tarragona's Old Town. Bus no. 24 to the
School of Engineering can be boarded near the hotel. Ten minutes walk to Plaça Imperial Tarraco.
Single Room: 45€. Double Room: 65€. Breakfast included if you say that you will attend the ISCTA in the Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
- Aparthotel Alexandra (3-star), located in Rambla Nova. Five minutes walk to Plaça Imperial Tarraco, where you can board buses no. 4, 14, 24 or 54 to the School of Engineering.
Single Room: 53€. Double Room: 64€. Breakfast included. You have to say that you will attend the ISCTA in the Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
- More hotels
- Reservations are to be made directly with the hotels.