The 7th Smart Card Research and Advanced Application IFIP Conference, organized by IFIP Working Groups WG 8.8 and WG 11.2, will be held in Tarragona, Catalonia,
April 19-21, 2006.
Since 1994, CARDIS is the foremost international conference dedicated to Smart Card research and application. Every two years the scientific
community congregates to present new ideas and to discuss recent developments. Also 2006, thirty eight years after Jürgen Dethloff and Helmut
Grötrupp filed their idea of incorporating an integrated circuit in an identification card, CARDIS'06 will bring together leading researchers and
practitioners in the development and deployment of state of the art Smart Card technologies.
The fast evolutionary process in the field of Information Security requires an adequate means to represent the human in the process of human-machine interaction.
Smart Cards, or, by extension, smart devices with their processing power and their direct correlation to the user are considered to be the first
choice. In rather young and new realms, such as Pervasive Computing, smart cards and devices face new challenges.
Today, the capabilities of smart cards and devices with their highly advanced specialized security features reach far beyond. They are the basis for many secure
systems and play a decisive role in ID management. Established computer science areas, like hardware design, operating systems, modeling systems,
cryptography or distributed systems have adapted to this fast growing technology and yield new application ranges and investigate emerging challenges
for these domains.
Unlike events devoted to commercial and application aspects of Smart Cards, CARDIS conferences gather researchers and technologists who are focused in all aspects
of the design, development, deployment, validation and application of Smart Cards or smart personal devices.
The program committee seeks papers describing the design, development, application, and validation of Smart Card technologies. Submissions across a broad range of
Smart Card development phases are encouraged, from exploratory research and proof-of-concept studies to practical application and deployment of Smart
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Smart Device, Person Representation and Ambient Intelligence
- Smart Device, Identity, Privacy and Trust
- Smart Card (Smart Device) and Applications in the Internet, WLAN, DRM, ...
- Smart Card and Smart Device software (OS, VM, API)
- High-level data model and management (On-card data sharing schemes)
- (Distributed) Application development and deployment
- From Smart Card to Smart Device (hardware, form factor, display)
- Biometrics and Smart Cards
- High-speed, small-footprint encryption
- Cryptographic protocols for Smart Cards (and Smart Devices)
- Attacks and countermeasures in hardware and software
- Hardware, software and service (application) validation and certification
- Formal Modeling
- Security of RFID systems