The mission of ARES is to advance the state of the art and the practice of information security and privacy through:
- Edge-cutting, world-class research on information security and privacy, making the latter compatible with the former.
- The reinforcement of Spanish participation in the European 7th Framework Programme, specifically in the thematic programmes “Security and space” and “Information and communications technologies”.
- The contribution of ARES to higher education in their activity domain by co-operating with the UNESCO Chair in Data Privacy held by the ARES co-ordinator and the doctoral programmes and Bologna master degrees in which the six groups of the team are involved.
- The constitution of ARES as a national and international reference team in the domain of information security and privacy.
- The fosterage of technology transfer in information security and privacy towards industry and productive sectors, by means of contracts, agreements, patents and training.